Asphalt Shingles And The 6 Reasons You Might Need A Roof Repair For Them
Asphalt shingles are one of the most popular roofing materials on the market today. They’re durable, relatively inexpensive, and easy to install. But like all roofing materials, they have their downside. One of the biggest problems with asphalt shingles is that they can be susceptible to damage from severe weather, which can lead to the need for a roof repair. In this blog post, we’ll explore six of the most common reasons why you might need a roof repair for your asphalt shingles. We’ll also discuss some preventative measures you can take to help avoid the need for a roof repair in the first place.
Asphalt shingles are a type of roofing material that is commonly used on residential and commercial buildings. Asphalt shingles are made from a fiberglass mat that is coated with asphalt and then covered with a layer of mineral granules. The granules protect the asphalt from UV rays and add color to the shingle. Asphalt shingles are available in a variety of colors and styles, and they can be installed over a variety of roofing materials, including wood, metal, and concrete.
Asphalt shingles are durable and easy to maintain, but they can be damaged by high winds or hail. If your asphalt shingles are damaged, you may need to replace them. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to repair your asphalt shingles yourself or you may need to hire a professional roofer.
The Six Reasons You Might Need A Roof Repair For Them
1. Your shingles are cracked, curled, or missing: Cracks, curled edges, and missing granules are all signs that your shingles are reaching the end of their lifespan. If you notice any of these issues, it’s time to call a roofer for an inspection.
2. Your roof is leaking: Leaks are one of the most common reasons people need to call a roofer. If you notice a leak in your ceiling or water stains on your walls, it’s time to call a professional.
3. Your attic is hot in the summer or cold in the winter: If your attic is unusually hot or cold, it could be a sign that your roof isn’t adequately ventilated. This can lead to serious problems down the road, so it’s best to have a roofer take a look.
4. There’s moss or algae growing on your roof: Moss and algae growth can be a sign of poor roof ventilation or improper drainage. If you notice either of these things, it’s best to call a roofer for an inspection.
5. You can see daylight through your roof: If you can see daylight peeking through holes in your roof, it means there’s serious damage that needs to be repaired immediately.
6. Your energy bills have skyrocketed: A sudden increase in your energy bills could be due to heat or cool air escaping through holes in your roof. If you’ve noticed a spike in your energy bills, it’s time to call a roofer.
How to Prevent Asphalt Shingle Roof Damage
Asphalt shingles are one of the most popular roofing materials on the market, but they are not immune to damage. Over time, asphalt shingles can become cracked, curled, or even missing entirely. While you can’t prevent all roof damage, there are some steps you can take to prevent damage to your asphalt shingle roof:
1. Inspect your roof regularly. It’s important to inspect your roof on a regular basis – at least once a year – in order to catch any potential problems early. Look for cracked or curling shingles, missing granules, and any other signs of damage.
2. Trim trees near your home. If tree limbs hang over your roof, they can cause serious damage if they fall during a storm. trimming back any branches that pose a threat to your roof will help reduce the risk of damage.
3. Keep your gutters clean. Clogged gutters can cause water to back up onto your roof, which can lead to leaks and other problems. Be sure to clean out your gutters on a regular basis – at least twice a year – to keep them clear of debris.
4. Make repairs as needed. If you do notice any damage to your asphalt shingle roof, it’s important to make repairs as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage from occurring. Contact a professional roofer for assistance with making repairs.
How to Choose the Right Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractor
Choosing the right asphalt shingle roofing contractor is important to ensure that your roof repair is done correctly. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a contractor:
-Are they licensed and insured? This is important in case of any damage or accidents that may occur during the repair process.
-Do they have experience repairing asphalt shingle roofs? You want to make sure that the contractor you choose is familiar with the type of roof you have and knows how to properly repair it.
-Get multiple quotes. It’s important to get several estimates from different contractors so you can compare prices and services.
-Ask for references. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, be sure to ask each contractor for references from previous clients. This will give you an idea of their quality of work and customer service.
What Is the Average Cost of Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair?
The average cost of asphalt shingle roof repair is $300 to $1,000. The most common asphalt shingle roof repair is replacing damaged or missing shingles. This can be done by a professional roofer or handyman, and the cost will depend on the severity of the damage and the size of the area being repaired.
If your asphalt shingle roof is leaking, you may need to replace the entire roof. This is a more extensive and expensive repair, costing anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 or more. You should only consider this option if the damage is severe and widespread, as it usually means that the underlying structure of your roof is also damaged and needs to be replaced.
FAQs About Asphalt Shingle Roofing
1. FAQs About Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Asphalt shingles are the most popular type of roofing material in the United States, and for good reason. They’re affordable, easy to install, and they last a long time. But like any roofing material, asphalt shingles can be damaged by severe weather or other factors, and they may need to be repaired or replaced. Here are some frequently asked questions about asphalt shingle roofing:
What is an asphalt shingle?
An asphalt shingle is a type of roofing material made from layers of fiberglass or organic matting that are coated with asphalt and then covered with a mineral granule surface. Asphalt shingles are available in a variety of colors and styles, and they’re typically installed in overlapping rows on rooftops.
How long do asphalt shingles last?
Asphalt shingles typically have a lifespan of 20-30 years, although some premium brands may last longer. However, severe weather conditions or other factors can shorten the lifespan of your shingles, so it’s important to have them inspected regularly by a qualified roofer.
What causes asphalt shingles to fail?
One of the most common reasons for asphalt shingle failure is improper installation. If your shingles are not installed correctly, they can be more susceptible to wind damage, leaks, and other problems. Additionally, poor ventilation in your
Contact Us Now For Professional Help
If your asphalt shingles are damaged, it’s important to contact a professional roofing contractor for help. Asphalt shingles are a common type of roofing material, but they can be difficult to repair on your own. A professional roofer will have the tools and experience necessary to fix your shingles quickly and properly.
There are a few different reasons why you might need a roof repair for your asphalt shingles. One reason is if there are missing or damaged shingles. Another reason is if the sealant around the shingles is cracked or peeling. Finally, if the granules on the shingles are coming off, this can also indicate that a repair is needed.
If you’re not sure whether or not you need a roof repair, it’s always best to contact a professional roofer for an assessment. They’ll be able to tell you for sure whether or not your shingles need to be repaired or replaced. In some cases, minor damage can be fixed with a simple repair. However, more extensive damage may require that the entire roof be replaced.
No matter what type of asphalt shingle repair you need, it’s important to contact a professional roofer as soon as possible. By getting repairs done quickly, you can avoid further damage to your home and save money in the long run.